Friday, June 7, 2013

The Red Wedding

Image Credit: Entertainment Weekly

So I am totally late with this posts seeing as this episode aired last sunday, but I was catching up with school. With that being said I am totally destroyed after watching this episode of Game of Thrones. Warning to continue reading this you will be exposed to many spoilers Please Do Not Continue reading if you have not already seen Games of Thrones season 3, episode 9 entitled "The Rains of Castamere". 

Now I have loved Thrones ever since I stumbled upon it by accident in the very first season, but I have to admit I am a fair weather watcher. I get highly invested in Tv show's and the character's I love and after they killed my Ned Stark I didn't watch for a whole season. I finally get over that emotional trauma and come back for season 3, get all invested again and this is what they do? They kill my Robb Stark!!!!!!!! I am devasted. Not only did they kill him, they killed his wife, mother, troops, hell they killed his dame direwolf too. Yes even the dog.!!!

Really HBO? 

 The scene was so horrible I was in shock. Now readers of George R.R Martin's books will tell me that these death's where important for the overall story lines and yada yada yada, but I am not hearing any of it. Seriouslly hasn't this family suffered enough? You are the epitome of struggle if your last name is Stark. Now if I'm gonna be honest with myself I saw Robb's death coming. He made several
critical mistakes in the name of being honorable. Disrespecting Lord Frey by not marrying is daughter as promised, then by killing Karstark, alienating his men.

 And he suffered the same fate as his dad. Whose was too honorable for his own good also. Not only did Robb trust Frey's word that all was forgiven, but he actually lead his family to the slaughter. I will never accuse HBO of not living up to their R rating as Robb's pregnant wife Talisa was repeatedly stabbed in the stomach, while Robb watched on in shock. The scene was brutal even by HBO standards. I cried legit tears. I couldn't believe it. 

This whole episode tugged at my heart strings poor Arya was so close to being reunited with her family.She was just minutes away from walking in and touching her mom and Robb. Of course had she walked in she too would be dead. Now the poor girl is scarred for life. The only surviving member's of the Stark family are Arya, Bran, Rickon and useless Sansa. 

What are your thoughts on the episode?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Don't Promote Other Blog's On This Site.
Please Don't Curse, Be Rude or Negative To Other Commenter's.