Sunday, May 19, 2013

Blogging isn't easy

I've just finished creating this blog and it was the most frustrating experience of my life. I am not about this IT life, coding and all this are way beyond my knowledge. Thank goodness for google because I would have never gotten this blog of the ground. I never really thought that creating a blog would be that hard but let me tell you I was almost pulling out my hair in frustration. Seriously I did so many things wrong and had to go back and start all over again.

 No one tells you that blogger templates are craptastic! There are so little of them and they are all the same as the next person's blog because there are only about 12 options. Now you can go and download another template from another website but then you get into a little bit of coding. which if you are like me you where lost right then. I was on google so much I thought that was my blog. Then when you do finally get a template you like and get it in place there is layout, widgets, social network icons, favicon, and page tabs. And you haven even gotten to the point where you write a post yet.

 At this point I as wondering if I actually wanted to blog at all. I considered having someone design the site for me, until I looked that nonsense up and saw the cost! How much now? Prices where five hundred and up. Ahh No! I did stumble upon a page that really helped www.sylvialiuland.com/2012/01/7-ways-to-get-blogger-blog-to-look-and.html This page saved my life. I don't know this woman but I wanted to send her a cookie or something because these steps and the step by step instructions really where a God send. Blogging can be beneficial even if you don't make any money from it. For me it was my outlet to getting over a devastating break up. In the end I was able to come up with a page I am pretty proud of and happy with. I hope you all enjoy it.

What are some difficulties you experienced while setting up your blog?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Amber,
    Thanks for this shout out. I really appreciate it. Your blog looks great!
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your very welcome, but I should be thanking you without your steps I would have been lost. I have been wondering about floating socail icons. I have been seeing them on alot of sites, any thoughts?

      Delete

Please Don't Promote Other Blog's On This Site.
Please Don't Curse, Be Rude or Negative To Other Commenter's.