Saturday, May 18, 2013

So Your Not Getting Over It

I've recently gotten out of a relationship and I've been having a hard time getting over it and that got me to doing some research online and wondering if there are some other folks who felt the same way. My break up was a shock to me and I took it really hard literally. There would be times all I did was cry and when the crying stopped, I would be ok one minute and then intensely sad the next.

He was constantly in my thoughts. Breaking up is just as traumatizing as a physical injury, and over thinking ( my curse) makes it worse. People will say that you have to want to get over it but what happens when you don't? Or can't? It's really all about acceptance.When you can't accept that this
person is no longer here. You can't move on. It's literally like detoxing. And the withdrawals are the real pain. That's all that missing someone is really, just withdrawal. For me everything was a memory or reminder, so everything made me sad. I hated everything. It's hard to have to get over something when everywhere you go, everything you see literally reminds you of that person.

 I came across this site,while searching online http://www.gettingpastyourbreakup.com/gettingpastyourpast /2012/05/
is-it-possible-to-notget-over-it/ 
I went to this page everyday and it helped ( although I didn't get the book because I couldn't get it from my local library). It forced me to realize that I was stopping myself from moving on cause I really didn't want to get over it. I was holding out hope that maybe things wouldn't stay like this.

 And hope is hard to kill. But a relationship can't just be you hoping for the other person, even knowing all that doesn't make your grief any easier. Staying busy helps but how can you stay busy when you don't want to be around anyone? Being around people really helped, they stopped me from crying (cause I wouldn't cry around everyone) and it forced my mind to stop concentrating only on my pain. The pain eventually gets less its just getting to that point.

Have you ever had a heart ache you just weren't getting over?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Don't Promote Other Blog's On This Site.
Please Don't Curse, Be Rude or Negative To Other Commenter's.